Monday, March 21, 2005

An inquiry into the metaphysics of rock bands

This is my first post of the day and last post of the night. I welcome the bug with open arms. I have much to say about the ethics of book reading, but that'll wait for tomorrow. I have nothing to say about latte and don't really want latte on blog. But we're open around here. So endulge me this question: Late the other night I watched U2's induction into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame on VH1.. I remembered that I had forgotten about U2. I don't listen to very much U2, although I probably have all of their albums on my ipod. It was late when I watched the VH1 program, so my judgment may have been off. I had the distinct impression that U2 rocks, i.e. they're an awesome, talented band that makes people happy. A few disclaimers: they're not my cup of tea exactly in that I don't pull them up often-- maybe once every few years. And I'm not into the save-the-world, we're a fucking-global-celebrity-phenomenon-so-suck-our-dicks thing. But they have a lot more talent than a lot of other big musicians, they've nailed some songs perfectly, and they can rock.. Achtung Baby got a lot of playing time in Bunk 2 in 1992 if I recall as well. Thoughts on U2? Where do they go in the list? Remember-- someone else brought up lattes. Not wedding farts.

No comments:


Visitorfarts