Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sweaty from the gymfarts

On a scale of worst to best I would have to say that getting out of
bed at 6:30am to go to the gym is close to the worst. It's not like
I'm getting out of bed to have an awesome omelette, pancakes,
waffles, hashbrowns, and toast at my favorite diner. I'm getting out
of bed to go and sweat my ass off with the other cranky gym folks.
Plus, to make matters worse, the gym mix on my ipod is so sucky.

I see the same people every day when I'm at the gym. We never say hi
to each other. That's the best part about morning gym. Everyone
hates to be there, and everyone hates the other people there. It is
the most glorious unspoken understanding I have ever been a part of.

You know who has it the worst at the gym in the morning? Those with
personal trainers. Now, understand, there are times when fiancee
gets to the gym at 6am to work with her trainer. However, even she
is not exempt. They have to do all kinds of creepy lunges and twisty
things. They must really hate everyone. I asked fiancee and she
responded that she likes going to her trainer. I asked her if she
liked going to her trainer at 6am? She said yes. She's a little
less hateful than I am about trainers.

That's not the point. The point is that the trainees are dragged
around doing dumb exercises while the rest of the hate filled
exercisers give thanks that they don't have to do that. If going to
the gym in the morning is the lowest of the low, then I don't even
know what having a trainer in the morning must be like.

It must be like... my morning plus a trainer.

No comments:


Visitorfarts