Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Chewbacca is above it all, but is he alone???

Editors Note: We here at the Weddingfarts movie lab do not always watch Star Wars. They have been on HBO a lot lately. We'd also watch any Rocky (except 5), All Back to the Futures and all Teen Wolfs if given the opportunity. We're just playing the hand we're dealt folks...

I was sick this morning. Sore throat and all... I sat on the couch and drank tea. Which is weird. Return of the Jedi was on. I think the best moment of that movie is when Chewie teams up with the two ewoks to take over the imperial walker thing. There is a scene where Chewie swings on a rope and makes a Tarzan sound. Usually I hate shit like that, but since it was Chewbacca I didn't.
If it had been Lando I would have hated it. C3P0 - Forget it. Gross fish head guy with wierd fish whiskers - hate. Darth Maul - no chance. Jar Jar - no chance. Luke? Leah?

There are very few that could pull off the Tarzan yell in the midst of a climactic battle on the Forest Moon of Endor. I believe that the two gentlemen on the right are the only two that could do it. They're above it all. The two coolest cats. Granted, not every Star Wars watcher is as cynical, sarcastic, bloated, or gassy as I am.

By the way... how much would you pay for your own Ewok? $200? $300?

That's not the point. I don't think I'm alone here. If 300 .gov's were to be p0lled about the two Star Wars characters that could get away with a Tarzan yell during a climactic battle on the Forest moon of Endor I would say that Han and Chewie would be the runaway winner; with R2 as the dark horse third option. I'm going to leave Yoda completely out of this because I'm still not over the scene where he dies in Jedi. I've seen it a billion times, but for some reason it hit particularly hard today.

Why? Because I have a sore throat. That's why. Thanks weddingfarts. This one is for you and your sore throat giving wampa-ness.

No comments:


Visitorfarts