Friday, March 09, 2007

Foodfarts

Well done, sailor jacket. That is a commendable dinner. Last night I had expensive sushi at Sushi Kappo Kawasaki, a small place south of Dupont. Everyone else in the restaurant was Japanese. You'd think that would be a good thing, and the fish was very fresh, but the dinner combos at this place were all $35 or more, and even a simple tuna roll cost $7, so I couldn't really chow down. My theory is that the place is included in a Japanese guide book, so they could get away with charging more than anywhere else in the city for small rolls of raw fish.

Maybe that's not fair. It could be just that good that it is worth the price. It might be the find of the year. But I couldn't really afford to investigate fully. And now I just want more sushi. Like all-you-can-eat deep-fried sushi . . .

Tonight is fancy dinner with food blog friend. Yes, I've been eating well lately.

Dillon visits our beloved today. We have mixed feelings about that.

No comments:


Visitorfarts