Monday, March 05, 2007

Obamafarts

This is the inaugural post for a new type of farts: Obamafarts. I, weddingfarts, your DC-based correspondent, will probably have lots to contribute to Obamafarts over the next couple of years, and perhaps far into the future.

You may wonder, is this because I really like Obama? You may wonder that, but that would make you an idiot. Because Obama is not something to like or not like. We don't experience Obama on the basis of normal human emotion, or even on the basis of rational contemplation of competing political visions, narratives, and values. I realized this today at fancy lunch, which was delicious. Fancy lunch consisted of perfectly seared scallops, which were much better than the scallops I had last night at neighborhood italian place, grilled trout with creamy buttery sauce, and very chococately cake with butter cream everything. Good lunch.

But I'm not talking about lunch. I'm talking about Obama. Or rather, I'm just living in the age of Obama. Everything I talk about is actually about Obama, even if I'm not actually saying "Obama." Like fancy lunch.

The point is: we don't choose the age we get to live it. It doesn't matter if we like it or not. Do I like Wegmans? That's not a question. Wegmans is part of life. Do I like sunshine in the morning? Do I like oceans full of water? Do you see what I'm getting at?

Of course I like Obama. He's everything we've ever wanted a politician to be. I can't wait to find out that he's actually Jewish too. But it doesn't matter. The question really is: does Obama like us?

No comments:


Visitorfarts