Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fuddrucker's Lunchfarts

It had been a long time.  I don't think that I had been to Fuddrucker's since I lived in the land of our Beloved.  Fuddruckers is pretty awesome.  They do a number of things right.  The following is a list of things that Fuddrucker's does better than other burger places.

1.  They butter the bun and then grill the bun.

That one thing is such a beautiful use of butter and bun that the rest of the burger is irrelevant.  I'm not sure if you've ever had a buttered bun with your burger before, but I can't recommend it to you enough.  Fuddrucker's also has a vegetable bar for your lettuce, tomato, pickle, or jalapeno needs.  I abuse bars that give away free jalapenos and pickles.  I'll load up.  Fuddrucker's doesn't seem to mind.  The burger was perfectly cooked, and with assistance from the buttered bun was probably the best meal I've eaten since last sunday. 

Let's face it.  Right now we're in desperate times.  I just got a blood test, and I'm sure the doctor will have something clever to say about my cholesterol.  That was probably the last guilt free buttered bun I eat until I'm 35, if ever again. 

A few other thoughts that I've had this week:

1.  Our Beloved had a good draft.  Not a knock you on your ass draft, but a draft that will probably inspire weddingfarts and I to purchase our own Pasluzny jersey's.  Here's a thought, the last time our beloved drafted a Penn State linebacker it worked out pretty well.  His name is Shane Conlon.  Yeah bitches, he's in the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.

2.  I had wings with the Dr.  It was fun.  I made sauce.  I have my own method for eating flats.    I love to dip.  Dipping is my favorite thing.  That's why I like artichokes.  You can't dip the edible areas of the flat into the blue cheese container, so I got creative.  I call it the paint method.  I use a celery stick to paint blue cheese dressing on the good parts of the flat.  I think I've been doing that with my flats for the last 17 years.  I just now realized that it's something to add to our growing pantheon of flats eating methods.  I apologize for not bringing this up earlier. 

3.  You may notice a difference in my physical appearance.  That can simply be attributed to the fact that I've lifted weights 4 times since New Years.  Yep, once in January, February, March, and April.  I can really feel the difference.

4.  This weekend I'm going to Memphis.  I'll report on Graceland and barbecue.  I'm excited.  I've never been to Memphis.  I think it's going to be my kind of place.  You know, sideburns and barbecue.

5.  The Chicago Bulls swept the Miami Heat.  I care but not enough to write something about it.  I will say that the Bulls looked great.  That was awesome.  They've been crap for years, and now they are sweet.

6.  What the fuck is up with young pitchers getting blown out by the time they are 26 or 27?  Have we seen the last of pitchers like Schilling, Glavine, and Maddox?  Pitchers who have been around forever and can pitch as long as they want to?  It's making me cookoo.

7.  I'm not excited for Spiderman 3.  My visceral reaction to Toby Maguire is similar to my Elijah Wood reaction.  I think to myself... "what a poon".  That's what I thought throughout the Lord of the Rings movies.  "What a poon".

8.  24 really sucks.  It makes me sad.  It's almost the exact same as it was 2 years ago, I mean the plotline and everything.  They had a badass way to start the season.  Jack Bauer in Chinese jail being tortured.  Why didn't Jack break out of Chinese jail and then go on the run in China?  That's a solid 3 hours right there.

9.  As much as 24 sucks Prisonbreak is even worse.  That show is so dumb.  They're supposed to be on the run, but they are always standing around in groups talking.  They should change the name of the show to summer camp, or High School dance.

I think that's enough for now. 





No comments:


Visitorfarts