Friday, June 29, 2007

Case of the Mysterious Cupcakes Solved

A couple months back I wrote an entry regarding a box of assorted cupcakes that had mysteriously appeared in the break room fridge. Where did they come from? Who were they for? Why were they in an unmarked cardboard box? What came first, the orange or the color orange?

Well, two days ago the answer arrived in the form of a spam company email:

"Dear Employees....It’s almost our quarterly Birthday cup cake day!!!"

So you can imagine my excitement this morning when I woke up and remembered that today is the day. I put on a darker shirt than normal hoping to conceal the inevitable frosting stains and showed up to work with an empty stomach and an adrenalin high. So far, no cupcakes.

I'll keep you posted.

NOTE FOR CONSPIRACY THEORISTS: The email did have one detail that is throwing me for a loop. Behind the words is an image of a large chocolate and strawberry cake with a cherry on top (see image below). Is this what the executives get to eat on cup cake day? Was cupcake day originally meant to be gourmet cake day? Perhaps we'll never know...

No comments:


Visitorfarts