Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Radioheadfarts

.gov's, what many of you may not know is that I am a music snob and I used to write terrible, unobjective, grammatically incorrect music reviews for my college newspaper. I don't envision this type of post often, especially because it has nothing to do with lunch, hating twitter, or our beloved but I think you dedicated weddingfarters and .gov's will enjoy this.

This is Radiohead performing at the Grammy's. What you are about to watch is a band at the height of their powers doing something unexpected and completely awesome. I can't imagine the thrill the USC marching band got from rehearsal and performance of the song "15 Steps". Granted Thom Yorke dances around a bit too douchey, but you would too if you had the power to scare the shit out of the entire music industry (releasing awesome new album online that fans could download for free or buy at whatever price they wanted).

You enjoy a serious bit of great music:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love talking about Radiohead. Right before "In Rainbows" came out, I was reading a fan site that stated there were versions of '15 Steps' out there with a marching band backing the band. When I heard Radiohead was playing '15 Steps' on the Grammy's I stayed glued to the telecast hoping that would be the case and I was not disappointed.

I have very fond memories of this song. After first meeting the future Erin Mason in San Diego, Yoey went to a trendy bar afterward... happy that one of his best friends found a great lady... and just moments after I entered the bar '15 Steps' came on. The album had just came out, I had listened to it a handful of times and I immediately thought to myself... this song rules. Nothing deep, nothing profound, just that it is a perfect song to be sitting around in bar after having a great dinner with friends... knowing no one in your current location, people watching, and waiting for your boss to show up.


Visitorfarts