Thursday, March 01, 2007

Headhunters

I got a call from a headhunter today. No, not like the album.

He had actually left me a message on Monday, but I was in Maine. Have I mentioned that? He didn't say that he was a headhunter. He said that I had been referred to him and he was calling about a project. Hmmm, I thought. I rarely get mysterious calls, especially at my work number. But I called him back.

When I got him on the phone, he said he'd have to call me back because he just spilled his Starbucks everywhere. I knew I was dealing with a winner.

When he called back he said that he forgot who I was and why he called me. I said I had no idea who he was or why had left me a message. I felt my mysterious phone call slipping away from me. Then he put it all together. He said he remembered who I was, and then he said he was looking at a picture of me. I didn't really appreciate that. He said that I had been referred to him again, but didn't say by whom. He said that he knew that I worked at a firm that did a specialized type of law and asked if I ever thought about working somewhere less interesting and for more hours. He promised he wouldn't place me at a firm where I wouldn't see the light of day, but didn't really offer more specifics than that. I said that, well, I had given that some thought, but that didn't sound like such something I was interested in. He asked if he could keep calling me to pester me. I said I'd rather he'd not. We left it at that. And then I thought: do I like my job? Well, yes, I like my job a whole lot. Leave me alone.

I wish it was the album calling instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was told by lemondrops that comments don't work. Do comments work?


Visitorfarts