Thursday, March 08, 2007

ORANGE

The Big East Tourney has begun! Yesterday afternoon I followed the Cuse game using CBS Sportsline's Gamecenter. A couple of observations:

1) Watching an important basketball game being represented by black circles, hollow circles, x's, and numbers is a very unfulfilling experience.

2) A lot can happen during a 60 second post back. 8 point swings. 2 technical fouls. Calhoun having a melt-down and kicking the Big East sign. CBS needs to work on ASYNCHRONOUS website technology. HTML post backs is, like, 3 years ago...

3) Rautin's arms and legs remind me of wedding fart

4) I pay $75 a month for a high def signal that I can only receive through a proprietary box that weighs 10 pounds and is tethered to the wall in my living room. Screw that! I pay for the content - let me see it wherever, whenever, on whatever. The technology is there, the bandwidth is there - so where's my portable signal????
UPDATE: Wedding fart just let me know that ESPN360 is free this week. Someone finally listened to me!

5) Syracuse continues its dominance at the Big East Tournament - and this year without McNamara throwing up prayers at the buzzer. In 2 hours they match up against Notre Dame - the 20th ranked team in the country. Who would have thought two months ago that we'd have a decent a chance of winning...who???

No comments:


Visitorfarts