Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Sorry to Have to Tell You This Way

Sailor Jacket: there is something you should know.

You've probably noticed that I've stopped talking about certain things. And I've been ignoring some of your phone calls and emails. And text messages and gmail chats.

It's not in your head. It's true.

I've stopped watching 24.

It's not because Jack Bauer isn't awesome. He is. And it's not because I can't get over how he can get out of Chinese prison and start saving the world without having to take a big dump and a nap. I mean, it kind of is, but not entirely. And I still like Chloe, despite the puss in face (ok, because of the puss in face). I'm just fed up with the stupid arguments about security and freedom that are supposed to mirror reality but really don't, and the convenient way in which torture always works and the "liberals" are always just whiny and in the way and wrong. Enough. Really. It's not that the liberals on the show should always be right, it's just that it's a really idiotic and insidious way of framing a necessary debate. And it's not even really a debate on the show, because the show takes a clear point of view of what is right that is always "proven" by the absurd events that take place.

This isn't in my head either. It's the wacky Bush-fucked reality of the executive producer. It's just insulting after a while. Like a couple of weeks ago when "Republican" was equated by one character with "true patriot who would never wish harm on the United States." (I'm sure that Timothy McVeigh always voted Democratic too.) And the white rapper show is on Mondays, so something has to get cut.

And I had Sprint. Their phones don't do those things.

No comments:


Visitorfarts